StoneTech® Professional Heavy Duty Coating Stripper removes coatings, lacquers, varnishes, and epoxy grout haze from stone and masonry. If you are trying to give your natural stone surfaces a new look, you'll want to start here. This coating stripper is a low odor and non-flammable cleaner. It is water-based, easy to use, and should only be used on stone and masonry surfaces.
StoneTech's Coating Stripper is suitable for use on all natural stone surfaces including slate, marble, and saltillo. It is not intended for use on surfaces other than stone and masonry.
StoneTech® Heavy Duty Coating Stripper is available by the quart. The quart can cover up to 50 square feet.
- Shake well before using. Do not dilute before applying.
- Wear rubber gloves and eye protection during handling and application to prevent skin and eye contact.
- Liberally apply an even coat over the required area with a paint brush, mop or paint pad. Do not apply product with a sprayer. Apply a second coat 10 minutes after the first coat to even out the thickness of the application. Immediately remove product from unintended surfaces with a wet cloth to prevent potential damage to those surfaces.
- Application times will vary depending on type of coating being removed. The following are approximate application times: Sealer, Wax, and Varnish - 30 to 60 minutes. Polyurethane and Acrylic - 1 to 2 hours Epoxy - 1 to 2 hours.
- Do not let Heavy Duty Coating Stripper dry on the surface. If product starts to dry, add water to keep surface wet.
- Agitate surface with a nylon scrub brush or pad after testing a small area first to make sure that brush or pad will not scratch stone. Surface can be wet with water to enable easier removal of coating.
- Wipe up residual coating with clean, dry cloths.
- Rinse surface well with clean water.
- More than one application may be required; repeat steps 3 through 8 when necessary.
- Surface traffic may begin 2 hours after removal of coating.