The Blanke PERMAT is an uncoupling tile underlayment that offers all the labor saving benefits of the plastic roll underlayment systems. The Blanke PERMAT also adds support to wood substrates reducing deflection and provides greater compression and tensile strength than plastic tile underlayment roll products. The Blanke PERMAT is stable to walk on during installation and does not require additional curing time when installing porcelain with latex modified thinset.
- Top Mesh: Extruded twisted strands of highly alkali resistant glass fiber heat welded to the lower layer of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) mesh.
- Bottom Mesh: Extruded twisted strands of HDPE
- Fabric Material: Polypropylene fleece
- Thickness: Approx 3.3mm (1/8")
- Adds strength to wood substrates
- Reduces vertical movement in subfloor (deflection)
- Superior compressive strength
- Superior tensile strength
- Crack isolation properties (uncoupling)
- Superior resistance to delamination during installation
- No extended cure time for latex modified thinset mortars under porcelain tile
- Lightweight; easy to install
- Self-seaming panels prevent substrate movement stress from transmitting to tiled surface
- 1/8" thick
- Permanent Support of high quality floorings - ex: stone, marble
- Assures HIGHEST protection for your construction project
Floors Interior - Plywood or OSB Subfloors
- Joists spaced 16" o.c. and 19.2" o.c. : Minimum 3/4" thick subfloor
- Joists spaced 24" o.c.: Minimum 3/4" thick subfloor plus second layer of 3/8" thick plywood or OSB
Floors Interior - Cement Subfloors
Permat provides excellent protection against damage caused by stress cracks and lateral movement typically found in cement substrates.
Permat has a 10-year warranty against damage caused by excessive vertical subfloor movement (deflection), the only such warranty in the industry. Whether installing stone on wood or cement subfloors, homeowners who include Permat in their stone and tile installations can rest assured their subfloors will indeed support the installation.
- Single Sheets - 1 sheet is 6.5 sq ft. Each sheet of Permat is 2' x 3' 2".
- Carton - Contains 195 sqft (30 sheets at 6.5 sq ft each).
When ordering per sheet, select the 'Per Sheet' option and add the quantity of sheets you need in the quantity box.